With the aim to mobilise civil society action and maximise sustainable impact, EPIM’s grant-making is targeted to address specific issues within the areas of migration and integration. This work is organised in so-called sub-funds which cluster groups of grantee projects following common objectives. EPIM develops and opens new sub-funds as interest, opportunities and needs emerge.
Currently, EPIM implements sub-funds on the following issues:
- Providing long-term prospects and protection to children on the move in Europe
- Reducing the use of immigration detention to a tool of last resort
- Communicating on migration in a changing environment
- Reforming the Common European Asylum System (CEAS)
- Protecting access to rights for mobile EU citizens
And the associated sub-fund:
The development of funding strategies takes into consideration gaps in (EU) policy and practice in the targeted area, defines time-sensitive objectives, geographic focus, relevant stakeholders and indicators for impact evaluation.