The December 2017 Edition of the EPIM Policy Update, prepared for organisations interested in European policy developments in the areas of migration and integration, is now available online.
EPIM has commissioned the European Policy Centre (EPC), a Brussels-based think tank, to produce regular Policy Updates.
EPIM’s Policy Update addresses topics relevant to EPIM’s current sub-funds: (1) Immigration detention; (2) Reforms of the European asylum system; (3) Children and youth on the move; (4) Mobile EU citizens’ access to rights, and 5) Building inclusive European societies.
This edition’s special focus looks at the living conditions in Greek hotspots with the onset of winter. Other key highlights of this Policy Update include:
- Developments in the Central Mediterranean and EU relations with Libya;
- The adoption of an EP position on the reform of the Dublin Regulation;
- A closer look from CIAI on supporting unaccompanied and separated children and youth in Sicily;
- Relevant reports such as Save the Children’s report on protecting migrant and refugee children´s rights;
- Funding opportunities and facts and figures.